Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique


Today I'll be reviewing Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in the shade Mirifique.  This is a black shade with silver glitters.  

The Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows are sort of a mixture between a cream and mousse texture.  They retail for $36 (for 0.14oz, or 4g of product) and it comes with a small brush to apply the shadow. You can purchase them at Nordstrom and Macy's Chanel counters. 


At the $36 price point, these "cream shadows" are definitely a splurge.  While browsing and swatching the shades at my local Macy's Chanel counter, I was really impressed by the texture and shades available.  I knew that I would need to pick one up to try it out, and I chose the black with silver glitters because I felt that I would get the most use out of it, as I could use it as a liner -- or so I thought.  When swatching the shade Mirifique, it goes on very smoothly and it can be applied sheer or built up to full opacity.  When used as a liner, it applies nicely as well, and looks stunning because of the glitter in it.  HOWEVER, the problem I find with this particular shade is that throughout the day I will experience a TON of fallout on my face, no matter how carefully I apply the shadow.  Initially, when I apply this as a liner, there isn't any fallout, despite the mousse-like texture (I was so impressed by the texture when applying it).  But -- during the day, for whatever reason, the shadow starts to flake off of my eyes and onto my nose and cheeks.  This has happened every time I use the shadow, no matter what way I apply it.  After experiencing this problem, I watched one of Fleur's videos (Fleurdeforce on YouTube), and she talked about having a problem with this shade where it would smear and migrate down her face.  

I greatly regret buying this shade because it seems that all of the other shades are much loved and raved about, and I love the texture and application of the Illusion D'Ombre shadows. 

Overall, I would give this shadow a 5/10 because you can use it lightly and make sure to blend it out as a shadow, but I can't see myself using the black shade as an all over lid color.  I would NOT recommend this particular shade, but I'd recommend the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows in any other color.  The next time I stop by a Chanel counter, I will try out a couple of the other shades and let you guys know how they perform.  


Below are some swatches of the product:





No comments:

Post a Comment