Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Em Cosmetics - Career Life palette - review (after more use on the face)

This is going to be a brief update on how the Career Life palette has been working for me on an everyday basis.
I've been using this palette for the past few days consistently in order to test out the eyeshadows and lip products.  I don't usually use blusher, but I used a tiny amount of the blush in the palette with a duo fiber brush in order to test out the pigmentation and colors.  I will say that with a duo fiber brush, the blush is barely visible on the cheeks and provides a very natural hint of color.

Eyeshadows:

  • For the eyeshadows, with a brush, they worked very nicely. I found that the color take a break which was the nearly skin toned tan color, worked great as a base for the eyeshadows I applied to my lids.  It provided a smooth canvas and assured that the shadows I applied on top did not go on patchy.  I've seen some reviews saying that the shadows faded throughout the day even with a primer; however, this wasn't the case for me.  The shadows stayed put during my 10-hour day, and didnt move around when I used a primer.
  • On a side note--  If you have very oily eyelids like mine, try using a primer and then using a sponge puff or a cosmetic puff to press some translucent powder onto the lid, and also on the bottom lid where eyeliner and shadow usually smudge.  I've found this technique to be quite helpful and effective and I'm glad that I discovered this through Pony's makeup tutorials 
  • I loved the shade nude rose all over the lid.  It went on smoothly and blended like a dream, providing just enough warmth to the lids 
  • I used the liner shades, or the deep shades next to the lip products with a wet brush (wet with ELF lock and seal) and they worked very effectively, almost like a liquid liner ~
Lips:
Unfortunately for the lip shades, I found them to be very drying.  Both the gloss and the lipstick made my lips peel, even with a balm under them.  The lipstick shades tended to go on very matte and I liked how they looked on the lips; however, the color didnt last for very long

Overall, after further use, I definitely enjoy the Career palette a lot more and see myself using it almost daily since it does have very neutral colors, but I'd still say that it isn't worth $75 and I'd skip it if you are looking for shadows with more pigmentation and color ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment