Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

MUA Glamour Days palette review & swatches

I originally saw this brand on jodik76's channel on YouTube
She did a comparison between the MUA Undressed palette and the Naked 1 palette (urban decay)
I ordered a bunch of palettes from the MUA website and I have to say that for being international the price and shipping time was extremely reasonable. International shipping is a flat rate of £7.50 which is about $15 US.  When I ordered, the website was closing for a couple of weeks (around Christmas) to check stock, etc.  Taking this into consideration, my package only took about a week to arrive - and I live in Hawaii, so this is extremely impressive.  I didn't get any shipping confirmation, or tracking info, so it came to me as a surprise.  I would've liked if I had gotten shipment info but I don't mind, as long as I get my shipment. Everything came bubble wrapped in a shipping bag (not box).  The website sent me a couple extras including their bronzer and the Artist palette.

Today I'll be talking about the MUA Glamour Days palette (£4 = ~$6-7 US) - it has a mixture of bright and neutral shades ranging from matte to frosty/shimmery finishes.
The matte shades in the palette have very poor color payoff and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. However, the other shades are very smooth and feel almost creamy, especially when applied over a primer.


Overall, I'd give this palette a 3.5/5 because I had expected more, but it wasn't bad, and the price point was very good. I have to say I am impressed with the dimension that some of these shades have, like the teal, which has yellowy green undertones, and the top blue shade, which has some reddish hints in it.








For the swatches the top section is without primer and the bottom is with my Lorac eye primer.
It isn't as obvious a difference in the photos as you can see in person. For example, the second color on the top row reflects much more yellow and gold undertones in the blue base, giving it a teal look (with the primer).
Also, the dark brown matte shade has much better color payoff with primer.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment